Monday, January 12, 2009

Mongols and their time period

Im so glad that I live in the century that I do now. Currently in my world history class we are learning about the savageness of the barbarians such as the Mongols and when we watch video of historians talking about what life would have been like for people back then I can only think to myself and see how lucky we are to have running water, clean clothes, and fresh food. Back in the time of the barbarians hygiene never took center stage or was even thought about. They didn't really bathe, brush teeth as we do now a days, or even handling food with clean hands or utensils. Also, their tactics of torture ran wild, there was even one account of a man who had been caught stealing and had molten silver poured into his ears and eyes. 

No comments: