Wednesday, September 17, 2008

When I Grow Up

When I was little I always wanted to become a professional baseball player and play Short Stop for the New York Yankees and I had that dream for years and years. I had that dream until i learned my odds of getting there, slim and none. I realized that only the top two percent of the best college baseball players make it to the major leagues but only the top two percent of the top two percent are successful at it. I now realize that if I want to have a good chance at having a successful money making life I need to excel in school and get great grades and probably get my masters in something because by the time I get out of college I will be competing with people from all around the world in the job field who may have their masters already and if I want to have a good chance of getting the job I'll be best off getting a higher degree than just my under-grad. And to add to that load, stress, or those challenges, it would also be a great key to be able to be bi-lingual. Those I believe are some of the key challenges that someone fresh out into the world from their college experiences should expect to face.

No comments: